The Voorheesville Central School District operates and maintains its own bus fleet. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the transportation department via email at email@example.com.
Alternate pick up and drop off requests
Private School Transportation Requests
Residents of the Voorheesville School District who are eligible for transportation to non-public schools under the 15 mile limit are required to file an application each year. Complete and return this form to request transportation to private school(s) for your children.
Emergency School Closings
For detailed information on school closings, delayed openings, and unexpected dismissal of classes during the school day, click here.
- Be orderly, quiet and considerate of people and their property in the vicinity of bus stops.
- Be ready when the bus arrives.
- Bus drivers have the authority to assign seats, give directions, and implement rules for the safe and orderly conduct of students.
- Acceptable public behavior will be expected of all bus riders.
- Wait for the driver to signal it’s safe to pass in front of the bus. Never pass behind the bus when crossing the street to or from a bus.
- Do not enter or leave the bus when it is in motion.
- Remain behind the white line so as not to interfere with the driver.
- Heads or arms are never to be extended from bus windows.
- Avoid eating on the bus and help keep the bus neat.
- Shouting, fighting, offensive language, or smoking will result in loss of bus privileges.
- Remain seated until the bus stops at your destination.
- Bus drivers will report violations of the above.
- Students are required to have parental permission in writing of any changes in regular transportation arrangements.
- Students who violate the regulations can have their bus privileges revoked.
Passing a Stopped School Bus
Section 1174 of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law prohibits vehicles from passing a stopped school bus.
Persons convicted of this crime are subject to a fine of no less than $150, or imprisonment for no more than 25 days, or both. For a conviction of a second violation within an 18-month period, a fine of no less than $350, or imprisonment for no more than 90 days, or both, may be given.
Substitute Bus Drivers Needed
Looking for a fun and exciting part-time position? Then, consider becoming a substitute bus driver for the Voorheesville Central School District. Training will be provided to qualified applicants. To learn more about this exciting opportunity to earn extra money while working in a congenial environment that benefits students, contact Transportation Coordinator Ann Potts at 518-765-2381, ext. 508.
Non-Idling Policy Update
State law requires that all school buses turn off their engines when loading or unloading students on school grounds, except when necessary for heating, mechanical, or emergency reasons. The non-idling requirement applies to other school vehicles as well. View the anti-idling law.