Special Education

If you suspect that your child may have a physical, cognitive, or emotional disability, you have the right to refer your child to the District’s Committee on Special Education for an evaluation, and a determination as to whether your child is eligible to receive special education services and programs.  More information regarding your rights is set forth in the New York State Education Department’s Parents Guide to Special Education.

To refer your child to the Committee on Special Education, or to obtain more information regarding the District’s special education services and programs, please contact:

Karen Jones
Pupil Personnel Services Director
Voorheesville Central School District
PO Box 468
129 Maple Avenue
Voorheesville, NY 12186
518-765-2382, ext. 501

New York State Education Department Office of Special Education