Children must be four years of age on or before December 1, 2023 in order to register for PreK in the 2023-2024 school year.
The district will make an announcement of the date when 2023-24 PreK registration and lottery will begin. At that time the registration packet will be posted here.
Children must be five years of age on or before December 1, 2023, in order to register for kindergarten in the 2023-2024 school year. All registrations begin at the Voorheesville Elementary School Main Office.
At the time of registration, parents or legal guardians must present the following:
- Child’s original birth certificate with raised seal
- Three (3) proofs of residency
- Parent’s driver’s license
- Any relevant custody papers
- For more information about required immunizations, click here.
For additional information about registration, please contact Mr. Jeffrey Vivenzio in the Voorheesville Elementary School Office at 518-765-2382 or email@example.com.
New Student Registration
Parents should contact the elementary school principal Jeffrey Vivenzio, by visiting Voorheesville Elementary School, 129 Maple Road, Voorheesville, NY 12186, or by calling the building’s main office at 518-765-2382. Parents will be given a registration packet. Complete registration packet.
Students are required to submit a minimum of three documents that verify they are legal residents of the Voorheesville Central School District. The following are examples of acceptable documents:
- If renter, original lease, which includes landlord’s name, address and telephone number OR if new home-owner, original contract to build or buy, which includes seller realtor and name/address of realtor
- Electric bill with current name and address
- License and car registration with current name and address
- Paycheck with current name and address
- Certificate of occupancy issued by town/village
- Automobile insurance policy with current name and address
- Credit Union account statement with current name and address
- Voter registration card with current name and address
After completing the registration packet and gathering the three residency documents, the next step is to bring this information to the child’s new school, along with the child’s birth certificate with seal from court (not hospital) or certified copy, health and immunization records, last report card or transfer notice, and any standardized test scores.
In some cases proof of guardianship may also be required. The following are examples of acceptable proof:
- Court papers, if granting custody
- Two sets of documents, in assuming custody of a child – one document by parent transferring custody and one by person assuming custody
- STAC Form, in case of homelessness
- HUD Section 8 Housing
- D.S.S. Benefit Certificate
- Letter of permission from non-custodial parent