Due to COVID-19, this program will be on hold until further notice.
“Learning is a Lifelong Activity”
The Voorheesville Continuing Education Program operates as a self-sustaining, nonprofit organization in the interest of serving the educational and enrichment goals of our school community. Programs for all community members are offered in fall and spring.
Click here to register online: https://goo.gl/vvWc9t
Once on the home page:
- Click Browse All Items
- View Details on Continuing Ed or Continuing Ed Aquatic
- Select course from Options menu; click down arrow
- Fill out online registration form and “Add to Basket”
- If you register for more than one course, after adding class to basket you will automatically return to View Details to select another course.
- Please note that “Heartland” will add a convenience fee of 3.95% of the total payment amount to your purchase.
If you choose to submit your registration by mail, complete a registration form, enclose the correct fee (checks made payable to Voorheesville Central School District) and send to:
P.O. Box 498, Voorheesville, NY 12186
Registration materials may be dropped off at the high school main office during normal school hours (7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
Note: Registrants will not be contacted for course confirmation, but will be notified if the course has been canceled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Courses are open to all persons in the Capital District, including middle and high school students. When necessary, priority is given to district residents.
Fees and Refunds
Registration fees are payable when you register. Fees are listed in the brochure. A separate check must be made for each course. Refunds will not be given after the first class has been held.
Confirmation of Classes
Registrants will not be contacted for confirmation, but will be notified if the course has been cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
Senior Citizens, 60 years of age or older, will pay one-half of the course fee except as otherwise noted in the brochure.
When school is cancelled due to inclement weather, evening classes will be cancelled.
Find out via email or mobile text message if schools will be closed, delayed or dismissed early due to inclement weather or other emergency through the district’s SchoolMessenger system. SchoolMessenger is an opt-in email alert system for which parents and residents can sign up to receive email alerts from the district. Users can choose to receive any or all of the alerts, and they can unsubscribe at any time. All email addresses are kept confidential.
Steps for setting up your SchoolMessenger account:
- Enter the following URL into your web browser: https://asp.schoolmessenger.com/voorheesville/subscriber
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign-Up page where you will need to confirm the encrypted image, your name, a valid email address, and a password. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Review and accept the Terms of Service. Click Create Account when you are done.
Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from email@example.com with the subject Account Activation, which contains a link to activate your account; activation codes are valid for 24 hours. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to select your notification preferences.
- Simply select the type(s) of notifications you wish to receive and the groups to which you belong.
- When you have finished making selections click Save.
- Follow the instructions to add additional contact information, such as additional email and phone numbers, to your account.
You may also find out if school is closed through the district website, the Times Union website or your local television station.
To get the latest information on the status of an evening continuing education class in the event of inclement weather, you may call 518-765-3314, ext. 390.