“DESPITE THE FORECAST, LIVE LIKE IT’S SPRING.” LILLY PULITZER
Here’s to hoping we will get some sunshine and warmer weather sooner rather than later! March was another busy month with many activities and events for our students.
We kicked off March with another fantastic Book Fair put on by our PTA. The book fair was held in the VES library from March 14th-March 18th. Students had the opportunity to shop during their regularly scheduled library class. A special thank you to Mrs. Rappoccio and our PTA for helping to make the book fair such a success. We appreciated the support of all our parent volunteers.
On March 10th, Good Eats visited our students during our farm-to-school program and took the lesson outside to show students how maple syrup is made. For more information, read this webpost. We also held our Incoming Kindergarten Parent Meeting. We have many new families joining us for the 2022-2023 school year.
On March 24th, we held our VES Science Fair. For the first time in two years, we were able to hold it in person. We had over 100 projects and more than 140 student scientists who participated in our large gym, small gym, and cafeteria. We had some amazing projects created by students in grades K-5. We had a variety of “guest” scientists who moved around the building to talk with each of your children about their projects. Great job everyone!! Check out this link for more information and phots
We were able to offer two Go Beyond enrichment opportunities to our students in March as well. Thank you to Mrs. Goyer and Leiana Hawkins for their efforts to make this happen. Both programs were maxed out.
UPK Registration is Open
Use this link for information about our UPK program for 2022-2023 school year.
VES continues to be a great place to be
We have so many exciting things coming up over the next few months.
- On April 6th our 3rd-grade students will be performing “Barnyard Moosical” as part of their Theater, Arts, and Dance program.
- The cast and crew of Annie Kids continue to rehearse for their big debut set for April 8-10. The drama club will be performing a preview for the entire elementary school on April 7th. Our fifth graders will be performing their production at the Lydia C. Tobler Performing Arts Center. We have some very talented students and we are all looking forward to the performance. Keep up the great work.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will be visiting our 4th- grade students on April 5th, to release trout into the Vly Creek. This has become a tradition for many of our students and Mr. Mattison who raises trout in his classroom. This is always a great experience for our students.
Upcoming Dates of Interest
BOE Meeting at 7 p.m. at VHS
DEC to visit VES for trout release in the Vly Creek
Barnyard Moosical– 3rd grade TAD shows at VES.
ES Play Preview at Lydia C. Tobler performing arts center. All students to dismiss from MS/HS campus.
Start of new supple-mental schedule.
Annie Kids Play performances.
PTA meeting 7 p.m. (Virtual)
NYS Math Testing for grades 3-5
As we continue to prepare and build the budget for next school year, we are beginning to plan for instructional changes and possible shifts with our staff. We do not expect as many shifts this year, however, we will need to see how the budget process proceeds. I encourage you all to attend the budget forums and BOE meetings to know what is going on in all of our schools. Your support and feedback are very important to this process. Once everything is finalized, we will provide this information to everyone.
If there is any information regarding your child(ren)’s learning style that you would like us to know about, please send me an email at email@example.com. Again, while sectioning, staffing, and other such decisions are being made as we speak, I am always open to hearing another dimension about your child(ren). While we never “take requests,” we certainly want to know things about your child(ren) that are not evident in the comprehensive data we have compiled on your child(ren), as well as having the privilege of observing your child(ren) 7 hours each day.
We have an amazing staff here at VES so please know we are always looking for ways to best support your child(ren).
As always, if you have any questions or comments, never hesitate to let me know.
Jeffrey P. Vivenzio, Principal
Please use this directory for your convenience
Voorheesville Elementary School
- Jeffrey P. Vivenzio, Principal (518)765-2382
- Colleen Brackett (518)765-2382 Ext. 506
Kid’s Club Program (afterschool)
- Christine Vielkind, Director (518)765-2043