Our school library is always a classroom where we share our love of reading, creativity and research. This year, our school library really is a classroom.
The VES school community will access physical books differently BUT our digital resources are always available!
Check the links below to borrow digital content, use our databases or get great books and book recommendations. We can’t wait to help you!
eBooks and More!
Our school library databases include access to digital eBooks and audiobooks including easy readers, storybooks, chapter books and informational nonfiction.
Click on the links below to access our school library’s databases. The resources are only for the VES school community and are private. Please click here to access our username and passwords.
- Sora: Enjoy digital audiobooks & eBooks with your student email account. Enjoy reading on your laptop, phone, tablet or e-reader for fun!
- Capstone Interactive: Interactive multi-user eBooks on different subjects, genres for grades K-5.
- MackinVia eBooks: Access single- and multi-user digital audio & eBooks.
- Enter our school name –> Voorheesville Elementary School
- Sign in with your school Gmail account.
- Lightbox eBooks: Digital eBooks include audio, video & text on a variety of K-6 topics.
- National Geographic Kids: Research & reference digital eBooks on a variety of topics.
- Tumble Books: A collection of animated, talking picture books with fiction and non-fiction titles, Read-Alongs, chapter books with narration and instructional resources.
- TeachingBooks (PreK-12): One-stop resources for books you are reading and teaching, including author and illustrator interviews, lesson plans, and other enrichment content.
- Gale eBooks: Research & reference digital eBooks on a variety of topics.
- World Book Online eBooks: Includes books on reptiles, mammals, insects, biographies, cultures, history, mythology and more.
- Rosen Learning Center: Upper elementary & middle level titles on ancient civilization, science & more.
Library databases are a collection of reliable information for research that are safe, current and easy to use. Databases can include encyclopedia articles, magazines, newspapers, books and video or images.
Click on the links below to access our school library’s databases. The resources are only for the VES school community and are private. Please click here to access our database username and passwords.
- BrainPOP Jr.: for K-3 students
- BrainPOP: for Grade 4-5 students
- Flocabulary: A library of educational videos & activities for all grades & subjects
- Scholastic GO: Includes articles, images, video, atlas & more
- Britannica School: Includes articles, images, video, atlas & biographies for all ages
- World Book Online
- Research Rocket: Includes research articles for all grade levels
- Gale in Context: Elementary: Includes articles, images, video, & more
- Pebble Go: Research content on animals, science & biographies
- World Almanac for Kids: Quick reference research content on all topics
- Fact Cite: Encyclopedia content on biographies, mythology & more
- PK Earth & Space Science: Research content on the earth & space
- PK Life Science: Research content on animals, ecosystems, human body & more
- PK Physical Science: Research content on physics, chemistry & more
- Soundzabound: Royalty free audio for presentations