Students at Voorheesville Middle School and Clayton A. Bouton High School were dismissed early today after a gas leak was discovered. The leak was discovered due to a crack in the gas regulator outside of the building. The gas was immediately turned off, and the district was in immediate contact with our gas and electric company.
Out of an abundance of caution, students at the Middle School and High School were dismissed early. Students who take the bus to school were bussed home. Students who get picked up will be picked up outside the building.
First responders have cleared our buildings and have said it is safe for students to return to the buildings. School will be in session as scheduled tomorrow.