Vaccination clinic for high school students April 17th
Students in the Voorheesville Central School District ages 16 and older will have an opportunity to get a COVID-19 vaccine at a vaccination clinic being held Saturday, April 17 at the high school. Families of students can schedule an appointment for their child starting today. The clinic, being held by Crestwood Pharmacy at the school, is expected to have approximately 100 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine available for eligible students at the weekend clinic.
Crestwood Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at CABHS (for students ages 16+)
- Saturday, April 17, 2021
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Clayton A. Bouton High School Gymnasium
432 New Salem Rd
Voorheesville, NY 12186
**IMPORTANT: Families of all students who are eligible (16 or older as of 4/17/21) for the vaccine clinic have been emailed directly with a registration link for their child. This is the only way to register for the clinic. Do not contact the pharmacy directly.
More important information for families:
- Students must fill out the district COVID-19 attestation prior to arriving on Saturday, April 17.
- Students must have a scheduled appointment to receive a vaccine on April 17.
- Students must be 16 years old as of April 17, 2021, the day of the clinic.
- Students under the age of 18 must have parental consent to receive the vaccine. Please use the parent email when you schedule your child’s appointment. This is important for consent.
- When scheduling, you will be asked to schedule your child’s second dose appointment. Please try to schedule the second dose at the same time of day as the first dose is given.
- Parents will complete all paperwork in advance through the registration link. Please be sure to complete any insurance information and have proper ID for students to avoid delays/possible cancellation of the vaccine appointment.
- All students receiving vaccines will be required to stay at the school for the required 15-minute post-vaccine observation period. Families should plan accordingly.
- Parents can not accompany their students inside the cafeteria to receive the vaccine. All parents will be asked to stay outside the building unless their child needs special assistance.
- Information about entering and exiting the vaccine clinic can be found below. Parents should be patient when waiting for students to complete the vaccination process, which includes registration, receiving the shot, and the required observation period after the shot is administered.
- Please review the following for answers to questions about the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine:
- Parents are also reminded to keep up with routine vaccinations and well-child visits to their child’s pediatrician or primary care provider.
Entering & exiting the vaccine clinic:
- Students must enter the vaccine clinic from the parking lot next to the gymnasium.
- Students must exit through the side entrance by the gymnasium.
- Parents can drop students off in the parking lot by the gymnasium.