Annual school budget vote and board elections
School budget votes and board of education elections are held the third Tuesday in May each year. In 2021, voting will be held on Tuesday, May 18th.
Who can vote?
Voters must be at least 18 years old, a citizen of the United States, and a resident of the Voorheesville Central School District for at least 30 days prior to the vote.
Voters may be required to show proof of residency before voting. If you did not vote last year, please be prepared to provide the clerk with identification. For example, a driver's license or utility bill.
Polls are typically open from 2 to 9 p.m. in the Voorheesville Middle School foyer.
Absentee Ballots Now Available
The Voorheesville Central School District will return to in-person voting for this year’s budget vote and Board of Education election, with an important additional absentee option due to COVID-19.
The state will allow concerns regarding potential exposure to COVID-19 as a reason for requesting an absentee ballot for this year’s school vote, which will be held in person on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
Voters interested in casting an absentee ballot may request an absentee ballot application and can select that option by checking the box
- 5. unable to vote in person due to the risk of transmission of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on the absentee ballot application.
You can also contact Board Clerk Jessica Tabakian at email@example.com to request an absentee ballot application, or with additional questions.
- If you request an absentee ballot be sent to you by mail, a completed absentee application must be received by the district clerk at least seven days before the vote – by Tuesday, May 11 at 3 p.m.
Along with the absentee option, the district will conduct voting in-person on May 18 at the middle school foyer at 432 New Salem Road Voorheesville, NY. Polls will be open from 2 p.m. until 9 p.m.
The public will vote on:
- School Budget of the Voorheesville Central School District for the fiscal year 2021-2022
- Proposition # 1 Purchase of Buses
- Proposition # 2 Capital Project Reserve
- VCSD Board Trustees
- VCSD Library Board Trustee