Special Education Services


If you suspect that your child may have a physical, cognitive, or emotional disability, you have the right to refer your child to the District’s Committee on Special Education for an evaluation, and a determination as to whether your child is eligible to receive special education services and programs. More information regarding your rights is set forth in the New York State Education Department’s Parent’s Guide to Special Education in New York State for Children Ages 3-21, available at


To refer your child to the Committee on Special Education, or to obtain more information regarding the District’s special education services and programs, please contact:


Karen Jones, Director of Pupil Personnel Services

Voorheesville Central School District

432 New Salem Road

Voorheesville, NY 12186

Phone – Elementary School: 765-2382, x501

Phone – Middle School/High School: 765-3314, x342