Making up Assignments
If a student misses class for a morning or afternoon session due to appointments, the student will be able to make up any work he or she missed when they return to school.
- If a student is out sick for one or two days or while waiting for test results, the student will be able to make up the work when they are feeling better and when they return to school.
- If you would like to request the missing work, please contact your child’s teacher and we will make arrangements for you to pick up that work from the main office.
If a student is going to be out due to a mandatory quarantine, your child will be assigned classwork and assignments through their google classroom and/or printed materials in K-2.
- Quarantined students will be assigned a staff member and will receive approximately 1-hour of direct instruction each day in quarantine at the elementary level.
- Staff will schedule a time to meet with your children to make sure they have all of the materials and assignments and are set to begin working.
- Staff will set up Google Meets with students in small groups, if students are quarantined from the same class, or 1:1 based on the situation.
- During this time, staff will review the work from the day, answer questions, and re-teach any skills or concepts that students are not understanding.
- Breakout sessions will be provided in small groups as needed to provide 1:1 support as necessary.
- If a student with special education services is under mandatory quarantine, our special education providers will contact our families directly to discuss services and the instructional plan.
As always, if you have any specific questions related to your child’s situation, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or Principal Vivenzio.