The District will resume extra curricular activities that can be conducted virtually. The resumption of any virtual and or in person extra curricular activity/ athletic activity must be authorized by The Building Principal or Athletic Director. Refer to DOH’s “Interim Guidance for Sports and Recreation During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency” to assist in development of these policies.
- Field Trips will be postponed until deemed safe for attendance.
- School assemblies will be completed virtual or live streamed.
- Interscholastic athletics is governed by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association and Section 2. The district will follow the current guidance.
- Note: Interscholastic Athletics are currently under A New York State Public High School Athletic Association pause until September 21, 2020. Fall Sports starting dates will be evaluated by NYSPHSAA prior to September 21st.
- All fundraising opportunities will be evaluated by the Building Principal to determine the adherence to CDC, DOH, and NYSED guidelines.
The district does not have a district run aftercare program. The district has a contract with The Kids’ Club Inc.to rent district facilities to offer before and after care to the school community. Current plans are being discussed on how to best provide this service to the community while being able to sanitize/safeguard health and safety in a timely fashion.
Policies regarding before and aftercare programs include social distancing, PPE usage, cleaning and disinfection requirements, as well as risk of COVID-19 transmission. Protocols in how to maintain cohorts, if applicable, or group members of the same household will be considered.