For information about how school schedule information will be communicated to students, families and staff members, visit the Communication/Family and Community Engagement section of our reopening plan.
Elementary grades K-6
- K-5 will be housed on the elementary campus. The student day will begin at 9:30 a.m. and students will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m. as they normally do.
- In-person instruction will occur daily with students maintaining a minimum of 6 foot social distancing in all instructional spaces.
- Special area class will be provided through a push-in model. and it will be provided on a 10-week rotation. PE will be provided in the 1st and 4th quarter. Music will be provided in the 2nd quarter and Music and Library will be provided in the 3rd quarter.
- Students will continue to receive approximately 23 minutes for lunch and 23 minutes for recess time. Recess will be provided while safely maintaining social distancing.
- Classroom instruction will be facilitated through the Google Classroom platform. In-person instruction will be provided to students in two small group cohorts of approximately 12 students or less due to 6’ social distancing guidelines. This instruction will be provided in a half-day model. One cohort will receive morning instruction from their classroom teacher in the core content areas. The opposite cohort will be receiving supplemental instruction with another instructor at this time. In the afternoon, the teacher and the alternate instructor will switch cohorts and the classroom teacher will provide the core content area instruction to the other cohort. Students will rotate morning and afternoon instructional time based on odd and even days.
- The district is continually exploring instructional options to maximize student learning.
- As of August 13th, the elementary school day is structured (with a start time of 9:30 to 3:00 in order to maximize learning and minimize staffing issues.
- Remote learning opportunities will be available for families.
- Remote instruction will be synchronous in nature (if not provided through a BOCES program). Live instruction from the teacher will be provided through Google Meets.
Secondary School Grades 7th-12th
- Grades 7-12 will be on a three day rotating schedule. The rotation will be grades 7/11, 8/9/ and 10/12.
- When students are not in in-person instruction, they will be participating in synchronous, structured learning activities throughout the traditional school day time schedule. Students will participate through Google Classroom.
- The secondary school schedule will contain a traditional schedule model and offers students the majority of courses that were available in the program of studies.
- Choir and Instrumental Ensembles are being evaluated based on room use and the social distancing requirements of 12 feet apart.
- The district will facilitate remote learning for families that request it. Remote learning will be scheduled semester by semester.
- Building administration will communicate regularly with families the schedule and plan throughout the summer.
- There may be times when it is necessary to close school completely. In this situation, students will continue to have instruction through “virtual instruction days.” Students will be required to participate in classroom work remotely and/or complete assignments. Student expectations on virtual days will be determined by the teacher based on what will work best for the specific class and what is being learned.