Voorheesville Central School District School Board
Nominating Petitions are now available for Voorheesville residents interested in running for an open seat on the school board. Petitions may be obtained in the District Office from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The deadline for filing petitions is Monday, April 19, 2021.
Board members serve without pay. They attend regular evening meetings once a month, as well as special meetings and work sessions. They will also serve on one or more Board Committees. Their duties are diverse, ranging from developing and adopting the annual budget to approving policy. Board hopefuls must be:
- U.S. citizen
- Age 18 or older
- Able to read and write
- Legal resident of the district for at least one year
A board member cannot be an employee of the district or simultaneously hold another incompatible public office. He or she cannot live in the same household with a family member who is also on the board.
Please contact the District Clerk, Jessica Tabakian, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-765-3313 Ext. 101
Qualifications for membership on a school board:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident of the school district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the proceeding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Please call 765-3313 ext. 101 for more information.